Woah, its been a looooong time since my last update ! Far too long.
Lets start with a Happy New Year to you all !
Lots of things happening in the world of WOW. I had huge fun today gathering my ‘Red Transmog Set’.
Its basically made up from the Cindercloth tailoring gear along with a cpl of matching pieces – the helm took about 10 resets in Blackrock Depths before it dropped ! But it was worth the wait. I like to be different and not follow the norm of what most other ppl have transmogged !
So, 4.3 Dragon Soul Raid – Such fun ! My guild is @ 1/8 hc 25man currently. Enjoying it more than Firelands which in the end felt like too much of a grind.
Still loving Discipline Spec – but also loving Holy spec too ! and thats something id never thought would happen !
Anyway just a short n sweet update – more to come in the next few days.
ciao for now !
Firelands is going very well for NoQ currently 1/7hc – still steadily holding Realm 1st [25m]. We hope to have Rhyolith H nailed this lockout with some nice shinys for some –not me tho, im so far down the EPGP PR list its not funny !
Been messing about with my UI again and i have FINALLY settled on this one –
As expected Shannox Heroic 25 was a walk in the park…almost ridiculously easy. The jump between Shannox H and Rhyolith is very much industrail sized with rhyolith being very RNG…just when u think ur not standing in bad – u are ! – Very movement intensive encounter – sure keeps the healers hearts pumping…. we are 6 healing Ryolith currently, our usual setup is Holydin, Disc Priest, Holy Priest and 3 [yes 3] Druids.
Atonement spec just wasnt working for me on this encounter. Granted it did the job of keeping the spark tank up but with almost 150k mana I can afford to drop a lot more shields on the raid to lessen the raid damage some what, therefore the non-smite spec was working much better. 2 points in Veiled shadows for the reduced Shadow Fiend is a must when shield spamming 🙂 I also picked up desperate prayer – ideal for the many times when standing in bad cant be helped and u need to finish that big heal cast on ur tank. [or for the times youre distracted momentarily whilst drinking a glass of wine]….
I do find myself shuffeling talent points around depending on the encounter. Atonement spec feels fairly redundant in this tier apart from on shannox and staghelm which is a shame because I like my gnome wings.
Everyone is raving about the super awesome Moonwell Chalice trinket from the Molton Front daily quests, I have this bound up in a macro along with Power Infusion – the combination is awesome if u treat the it like a raid cooldown. Pop this and spam your heart out with Prayer of Healing spam. All those shiny Divine Aegis bubbles will get huge !..particularly useful for Ragnaros if you use the ‘stacking in the midle’ for seeds tactic.
Anyway, have fun in Firelands, im back in there myself this evening trying to dodge volcanos and those pesky little adds /fade
ciao for now x
p.s We have many of our kill videos on the NoQuarter youtube channel – drop on over to take a look http://www.youtube.com/user/NoQuarterEU
Also – we are always on the lookout for skilled raiders – feel like a server change ? drop us a line here http://www.noquarter.eu/
The Blues buffed this pretty sparkeling spell by a whopping 35%… but for some reason having tested this on the PTR – it appears to NOT be proccing Echo of Light. [The ticks themselves of Sanctuary were hitting for around 800 to crits of 1400k [approx]
This is rather odd and of course could be a bug… but to buff a spell by 35% and take away the Echo of Light proc seems a bit bizarre… anyway – heres some pretty Holyfied pics of the latest visual for HW:S.
also a rather nice HW:S and overlayed Efflorecence …. loving the pink and orange flowers !
/shocked …. the dreaded logging onto MMO in anticipation of the updated PTR 4.1 patch notes tuned out well today.
The ‘buffs’ Disc has been given are not only obvious ones that should have been in place at the begining of Cataclysm, they also favour the Atonement Spec heavily. [not good news for those who hate the Atonement Spec…]
- Holy Fire damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than Smite. [expect a nerf when this goes live!]
- Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite. [ /cheer]
- Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite. [nice – 2 for 1 glyph]
And not only that ^^^ but this too:
- The current healing priest 4-piece raid set bonus no longer requires a target to be under the effects of Weakened Soul for the priest to receive the Spirit bonus. Instead the benefit will be granted each time the priest’s Penance spell heals a target. /cheer at last a viable 4set….now we just need to use penance on cooldown ALL the time and we’re good…
A baby step in the right direction for sure but still – I think Blizz need to focus on our AOE group healing abilitys [or lack of] a bit more.
Divine Aegis auto procs from ALL direct heals plz !! [thats our mastery sorted then]
Hmmm…I wonder…. This change to Holy Fire and Atonement – Would we only see an initial ‘Heal’ from the first hit from Holy Fire ? OR – would we see a residual HoT left on the Atonement target in the same way Holy Fire leaves a DoT ticking for 7 seconds ? …. lol, ok probably not but would be nice wouldnt it !? /logs onto the PTR @ Brill to check it out !
Ciao for now !
SO their may be light at the end of the infinate tunnel of nerf/buff/nerf/buff…..
The blues have come up with this:
Holy 4-piece set bonus:
This is feedback we’ve seen quite a bit, and it’s good. With the changes to Chakra in 4.0.6, we realize a lot of players feel that the Holy 4-piece set bonus is currently much stronger than its Discipline counterpart. We don’t disagree and it’s something we’ve been actively discussing changing in 4.1 (for example, we’re considering potentially removing the Weakened Soul requirement on Penance targets in order for the Spirit bonus to apply).
Lets hope this makes it to PTR soon !
* Ouch * That Nerf hurt !
x Power Word: Barrier‘s cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%. [O M G….. im lost for words….. ‘WTF’ dosent quite cut it to be honest]
Inner Will and Inner Fire now last until canceled. [because it was SO hard to click the button every 30 minutes !]
It is now possible to remove Weakened Soul effects that were a result of another priest’s Power Word: Shield through Strength of Soul. [Handy if more that 1 Disc Priest in your Raid – or a bubble happy Holy Priest !]
…. ok so it is only ‘PTR’ and subject to several changes between now and release [thankfully] but come on Blizz – the Disc priest community are still sore over the PW:S mana increase and now you increase our Barrier’s cooldown !!?? Why ?!?
Many Disc Priests will be forced to respec to Holy who right now look to come to 4.1 in one piece and still playable.
Outraged – this has prompted me to download the current PTR and copy my beloved heartbroken Disc Priest to Brill EU….so ANY future change I can have a look at straight away. [waits for new spells and buffs !!]
Im sure Blizz [hopefully] reads the community forums and probably visits places like MMO – tbh the QQ is flooding everywhere so it isnt going to be hard for Blizz to miss it.
My 4.1 Wish List
- Prayer of Healing to not only auto Proc Divine Aegis but to apply 1 x stack of Grace on each target.
- Inner Focus – 45 sec cooldown -In addition to its current effects – Make spells not only mana free but instant cast.
- *New Spell* – Empowered Penance: A burst of Holy Energy fires at your target and the 4 nearest lowest Health targets healing all 5 targets for [no more than 10k] 20 sec cd. To look like Penance – but only 1 burst not 3 and to only apply 1 stack of Grace per target.
- More Divine Aegis auto procs to make good use of our ‘mastery’ and steer us further away from PW:S spamage.
Not asking for much ? …anyway – see you on Brill !
Ciao for now.
So our QQ didnt go unheard…well not completely anyway… The latest Hotfix/s from da Blues.
- Body and Soul no longer reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Shield (the hotfix made on February 16 to provide this additional benefit has been reverted). Goodbye HolyBots !
- Rapture now returns 2/5/7% of maximum mana when Power Word: Shield is consumed, up from 2/4/6%. Ok….
Im still kinda hopeing they are working on implementing a better solution for 4.1 patch and a decent tier set bonus ! rather than a nerf this buff that approach. This small rapture buff will help alleviate some of the mana issues from the recent PW:S mana cost fix, but again its only a sticky plaster over what will still be an issue as ppl gain much better gear.
‘Weakened Soul to not affect more than 5 targets at any time’
Bam.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a simple and effective change. Leave rapture as it was pre-nerf and we have ourselves a solution.
Why make things complicated ?
ciao for now 🙂
Well – thus far no U turn by Blizz on the PW:S mana increase…I hope they are thinking what they can do to fix the mess ! and stop our holy friends from bubble botting !
A more constructive fix for PW:S would be revert the mana cost and to not allow Weakened Soul to be active on any more than 5 targets at a time. This would stop the shield spam, keeping the spec viable for 5/10/25man and not nerfing the heck out of rapture. Also Strength of Soul talent becomes most useful – would make u use ur heals to reduce a WS on a target allowing u to put out another shield.
1: We cant spam shields – therefore remove Soul Warding talent completely.
2: Buff Rapture to maby 8%mana return [im shite at math so this is basically picking a figure from the sky that looks appealing!]
5: Divine Aegis – increase duration to 15secs and make them shinier
6: Inner Focus – keep this talent as is – but make the ‘next cast with IF an instant cast’ [imagine an insta cast PoH on high mobility encounters]
Anyway – ive been looking into talents….for the moment im going to drop Soul Warding – and move 2 points into veiled shadows for a 4min cd on shadowfiend…. most encounters you could push out 2 fiends easily within 4mins.
I think a lot of Disc priests will either respec Holy or – go back to PoH spam. For the cost of 1 PW:S you can cast [almost 2] PoH which will DA bubble upto 5 ppl ! kinda makes sence to PoH spam instead.
Im going to steer clear of respeccing my holy offspec to the bubble bot – quite frankly – although semi viable – its far from ideal and far from what Holy is all about – but the fact some ppl are doing it is a good thing – it will show Blizz just how messed up their nerf-fix’s are.
After a few tweaks ShinyUI is working – I had a silly gnome moment and didnt upload the UI with reflux ‘doh’ – re-uploaded it today and i can confirm it works.
Ciao for now !
Many buffs for Discipline are about to hit live servers ! patch 4.0.6 is going to bring some significant changes and needed buffs to Discipline. Ive said this before – but the ‘bad’ Disc priests will become good and the ‘good’ will become awesome. It will be very interesting to see just how the changes are going to effect us.
On face value we will be MUCH stronger tank healers and will still be able to give a good Holy priest/Holy Pally a run for his money on raid healing. Ive highlighted in this color the main ‘buffs’ that will make a difference to our everyday raiding.
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%. PW:S will now be a lifesaver [as per wrath] – see someone taking huge hits and about to die – throw a shield on them.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
- Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
- Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%. – A slight nerf to Holy Priests – hopefully it wont make much of a differene to Disc when you consider the DA changes with PoH/
- Talent Specializations
- Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
- Strength of Soul now occurs when the priest casts Inner Focus on oneself, rather than Power Word: Shield. In addition, Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
- Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
- Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
- Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- Blessed Resilience rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of increased healing.
- Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.
- Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Binding Heal effects are now consistent with their tooltips.
- Holy Concentration now has correct percentages listed in the tooltip.
- Holy Word: Serenity now correctly grants healing spells cast by the priest an extra 25% chance to critically hit.
- Inner Fire no longer consumes mana after learning Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Will now correctly reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Barrier.
- Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- Undead and blood elf priests are no longer gaining aggro from friendly guards when casting Mind Control on enemy NPCs.
- Unnecessary string errors should no longer occur when casting Power Word: Barrier.
- Prayer of Mending will now properly return an error when cast on a target with a more powerful Prayer of Mending active.
- Rapture’s tooltip now has the correct percentages listed.
- Shadow Orbs’ tooltip showed a 0% increase in damage and did not give an increase of damage until additional mastery rating was added. This has been corrected.
- Sin and Punishment will no longer fear players that are not flagged for PvP.
- Surge of Light is no longer consumed without benefit if it triggers while a Flash Heal is being cast.
- Glyph Fixes
- Critical heals from Glyph of Dispel Magic properly proc Divine Aegis.
All in all things are looking pretty sweet – lets enjoy it ppl !
Ciao for now 🙂