So our QQ didnt go unheard…well not completely anyway… The latest Hotfix/s from da Blues.
- Body and Soul no longer reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Shield (the hotfix made on February 16 to provide this additional benefit has been reverted). Goodbye HolyBots !
- Rapture now returns 2/5/7% of maximum mana when Power Word: Shield is consumed, up from 2/4/6%. Ok….
Im still kinda hopeing they are working on implementing a better solution for 4.1 patch and a decent tier set bonus ! rather than a nerf this buff that approach. This small rapture buff will help alleviate some of the mana issues from the recent PW:S mana cost fix, but again its only a sticky plaster over what will still be an issue as ppl gain much better gear.
‘Weakened Soul to not affect more than 5 targets at any time’
Bam.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a simple and effective change. Leave rapture as it was pre-nerf and we have ourselves a solution.
Why make things complicated ?
ciao for now 🙂
Well – thus far no U turn by Blizz on the PW:S mana increase…I hope they are thinking what they can do to fix the mess ! and stop our holy friends from bubble botting !
A more constructive fix for PW:S would be revert the mana cost and to not allow Weakened Soul to be active on any more than 5 targets at a time. This would stop the shield spam, keeping the spec viable for 5/10/25man and not nerfing the heck out of rapture. Also Strength of Soul talent becomes most useful – would make u use ur heals to reduce a WS on a target allowing u to put out another shield.
1: We cant spam shields – therefore remove Soul Warding talent completely.
2: Buff Rapture to maby 8%mana return [im shite at math so this is basically picking a figure from the sky that looks appealing!]
5: Divine Aegis – increase duration to 15secs and make them shinier
6: Inner Focus – keep this talent as is – but make the ‘next cast with IF an instant cast’ [imagine an insta cast PoH on high mobility encounters]
Anyway – ive been looking into talents….for the moment im going to drop Soul Warding – and move 2 points into veiled shadows for a 4min cd on shadowfiend…. most encounters you could push out 2 fiends easily within 4mins.
I think a lot of Disc priests will either respec Holy or – go back to PoH spam. For the cost of 1 PW:S you can cast [almost 2] PoH which will DA bubble upto 5 ppl ! kinda makes sence to PoH spam instead.
Im going to steer clear of respeccing my holy offspec to the bubble bot – quite frankly – although semi viable – its far from ideal and far from what Holy is all about – but the fact some ppl are doing it is a good thing – it will show Blizz just how messed up their nerf-fix’s are.
Much more discussion on PW:S after the recent increased mana cost to Disc Priests.
- In addition to its current effects, the Body and Soul talent now grants 12.5%/25% reduction to the base mana cost of Power Word: Shield. This is not reflected in the tooltip, but is reflected in the amount of mana used when Power Word: Shield is cast by Holy priests who have this talent. The tooltip update will require a client-side patch.
- Power Word: Shield now costs roughly 34% of base mana, up from 25%. This is not reflected in the tooltip, but is reflected in the amount of mana used when the spell is cast. The tooltip update will require a client-side patch.
I cant see this being a permenant solution – more of a sticky plaster – until they figure out how to nerf PW:S without actually nerfing it.
This is kind of how PW:S has evolved [or not] since Cataclysm:
In my opinion a ‘fix’ whereby Weakened Soul cannot be active on more than 5 targets at a time would stop the shield spam and would make the Strength of Soul talent more useful in removing the WS debuff to allow another shield to be cast – almost forceing you to use your actual heals, and making you think more smartly where you put your shield.
Only allowing 5 WS debuffs to be active would still allow you to keep your tanks shielded – and the more vunerable raid members – almost using PW:S like a cooldown ability rather than a raid healing utility.
This wouldnt cause problems for newly dinged 85’s in dungeons – still being able to shield the entire group if needed. This also wouldnt make the other 5-6 healers in you 25man raid redundant because no matter how much mana you have you cannot have more than 5 ppl with Weakened Soul. It also wouldnt ruin 10 man raids as generally regen or replenishment can lack from 10 mans – and overall I do think 10 mans are slightly more difficult than a 25man raid. Definately less margin for error in a 10 man in comparrison with a 25man.
The only problem i can forsee is how would they distinguish a Disc Weakened Soul from a Holy Priest Weakened Soul ?
On a seperate note – with the impending nerftype bat coming to PW:S id love to see another Divine Aegis type raid healing ability implemented:
Prayer of Aegis: 10 sec cooldown, instant cast – Puts protective shields on group members within x yards – lasts 10 secs….scale it with mastery.
Anyway – lets see what happens to Disc over the coming days/weeks…….
Ciao for now 🙂
Our first night of raiding Heroic modes and we downed Halfus after around 6 trys.
Pure healing spamfest – not quite sure what tactics we followed and its even hard to tell from the FRAPS’ed Vid [recorded by one of our Mages] but we ran with 4 tanks and 8 Healers.
Worked for us 🙂
Also – on a side note about Disc PVE being OP. After healing Halfus Heroic last night – I would say it most certainly isnt OP. What our direct raid heals lack our PW:S makes up for but we defo cant spam shields endlessly. [unless youre good friends with all the druids in your raid and they are willing to chain innervates to you] I can see the nerfbat being waved by a few ppl in the wow community but im hoping the Dev’s keep it away from us !
Oh and PW:S Glyph is my current favourite – crits for 10k !?!?!
Ciao for now.
After a few tweaks ShinyUI is working – I had a silly gnome moment and didnt upload the UI with reflux ‘doh’ – re-uploaded it today and i can confirm it works.
Ciao for now !
Yep, as the title says – we [the guild No Quarter] has cleared all of BWD – Nefarian was defeated last night on our 5th try. We faced him as a 10 man team – all went pretty smoothly – but you definately feel the difficulty in 10 man compared to 25 man. 10 mans – less margin for error – if someone dies – its pretty much a wipe, whereas 25 man loosing one or two ppl dosent make the encounter impossible.
Anyway 🙂 heres the Vid – Frapsed and put together by a fellow guildie.
Now – off to re-spec my talents. More on 4.0.6 later !
Ciao for now x
Many buffs for Discipline are about to hit live servers ! patch 4.0.6 is going to bring some significant changes and needed buffs to Discipline. Ive said this before – but the ‘bad’ Disc priests will become good and the ‘good’ will become awesome. It will be very interesting to see just how the changes are going to effect us.
On face value we will be MUCH stronger tank healers and will still be able to give a good Holy priest/Holy Pally a run for his money on raid healing. Ive highlighted in this color the main ‘buffs’ that will make a difference to our everyday raiding.
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%. PW:S will now be a lifesaver [as per wrath] – see someone taking huge hits and about to die – throw a shield on them.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
- Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
- Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%. – A slight nerf to Holy Priests – hopefully it wont make much of a differene to Disc when you consider the DA changes with PoH/
- Talent Specializations
- Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
- Strength of Soul now occurs when the priest casts Inner Focus on oneself, rather than Power Word: Shield. In addition, Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
- Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
- Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
- Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- Blessed Resilience rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of increased healing.
- Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.
- Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Binding Heal effects are now consistent with their tooltips.
- Holy Concentration now has correct percentages listed in the tooltip.
- Holy Word: Serenity now correctly grants healing spells cast by the priest an extra 25% chance to critically hit.
- Inner Fire no longer consumes mana after learning Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Will now correctly reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Barrier.
- Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- Undead and blood elf priests are no longer gaining aggro from friendly guards when casting Mind Control on enemy NPCs.
- Unnecessary string errors should no longer occur when casting Power Word: Barrier.
- Prayer of Mending will now properly return an error when cast on a target with a more powerful Prayer of Mending active.
- Rapture’s tooltip now has the correct percentages listed.
- Shadow Orbs’ tooltip showed a 0% increase in damage and did not give an increase of damage until additional mastery rating was added. This has been corrected.
- Sin and Punishment will no longer fear players that are not flagged for PvP.
- Surge of Light is no longer consumed without benefit if it triggers while a Flash Heal is being cast.
- Glyph Fixes
- Critical heals from Glyph of Dispel Magic properly proc Divine Aegis.
All in all things are looking pretty sweet – lets enjoy it ppl !
Ciao for now 🙂
After an entire night of Phase 3 wipes we finally managed to down Al’Akir. Wasnt the cleaned of kills but im sure we can do better next time 🙂
Life Grip [Leap of Faith] saved 2 fellow guildies from the Squall line. Get picked up in the squall and you take a fair bit of damage. Its nice that Leap of Faith has some good uses !!
I went with the non-atonement spec for this encounter as unfortunately Atonement does not work due the the boss being so damn big ! and as usual crappy loot dropped which was swiftly DE’d.
Mana is not a problem at all for Disc on this encounter you can spam away to your hearts content ! :
Managed to get a no: 46 ranking on that too /flex ^^
Check out the video – try to watch till the end !!
Ciao for now x
This encounter has made me enjoy Holy Spec [did I say that out loud !?!?] Its such a pig to heal – and way easier to respec Holy than try spamming as Disc.
We [my guild] have downed Chimaeron several times both in 10 & 25man. Last night – we nuked him as a 25man team.
Some co-ordination with Lightwells/Healthstones/Tranquilitys/Divine Hymns and praying we sucessfully made it thru 3 Feud phases before hitting the final phase where Chimaeron has no way of being taunted and keeps the DPS screaming in panic if they happen to be top on aggro lol.
Kite more damnit !! damn warlocks – learn to DoT n Run.. anyway – Healers were throwing in some Smites, DoTs and Holy Fires… 100k left on the boss… im at about 9k health – In my infinate wisdom as i was pretty much OOM by this point I decided to hit Shadow Word: Death… and killed myself LOL…yea…not funny…dont do that – makes you look stoopid. [im sure at some point youve all SW:D’d yourselves ?]
Anyway – Lightwell owns on Chimaeron encounter… heres a snapshot of my recount of healing done:
Not bad for mainspec Disco.
So..yea..another fail I can add to my ‘Inner Focus’ of LOL section.
Ciao for now x