Many buffs for Discipline are about to hit live servers ! patch 4.0.6 is going to bring some significant changes and needed buffs to Discipline. Ive said this before – but the ‘bad’ Disc priests will become good and the ‘good’ will become awesome. It will be very interesting to see just how the changes are going to effect us.
On face value we will be MUCH stronger tank healers and will still be able to give a good Holy priest/Holy Pally a run for his money on raid healing. Ive highlighted in this color the main ‘buffs’ that will make a difference to our everyday raiding.
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%. PW:S will now be a lifesaver [as per wrath] – see someone taking huge hits and about to die – throw a shield on them.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
- Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
- Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%. – A slight nerf to Holy Priests – hopefully it wont make much of a differene to Disc when you consider the DA changes with PoH/
- Talent Specializations
- Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
- Strength of Soul now occurs when the priest casts Inner Focus on oneself, rather than Power Word: Shield. In addition, Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
- Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
- Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
- Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- Blessed Resilience rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of increased healing.
- Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.
- Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Binding Heal effects are now consistent with their tooltips.
- Holy Concentration now has correct percentages listed in the tooltip.
- Holy Word: Serenity now correctly grants healing spells cast by the priest an extra 25% chance to critically hit.
- Inner Fire no longer consumes mana after learning Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Will now correctly reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Barrier.
- Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- Undead and blood elf priests are no longer gaining aggro from friendly guards when casting Mind Control on enemy NPCs.
- Unnecessary string errors should no longer occur when casting Power Word: Barrier.
- Prayer of Mending will now properly return an error when cast on a target with a more powerful Prayer of Mending active.
- Rapture’s tooltip now has the correct percentages listed.
- Shadow Orbs’ tooltip showed a 0% increase in damage and did not give an increase of damage until additional mastery rating was added. This has been corrected.
- Sin and Punishment will no longer fear players that are not flagged for PvP.
- Surge of Light is no longer consumed without benefit if it triggers while a Flash Heal is being cast.
- Glyph Fixes
- Critical heals from Glyph of Dispel Magic properly proc Divine Aegis.
All in all things are looking pretty sweet – lets enjoy it ppl !
Ciao for now 🙂
More changes !
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time. /cheer ..already knew about this change but nice to see it in blue again !
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%. /gasp a buff to my favourite spell ! woohoo.. ok so 7% extra mana cost isnt going to hurt that much and the 20% extra oomph is going to be gr8 this will bring penance back to being the burst healing spell it was. Excellent spell for getting those 3 stacks of Grace on your tank. Or topping up the suicidal Kitty !
Penance whilst moving and a lower cooldown [7secs?] would be even better plz blizz !
oh and make it sparkle even more