Woah, its been a looooong time since my last update ! Far too long.
Lets start with a Happy New Year to you all !
Lots of things happening in the world of WOW. I had huge fun today gathering my ‘Red Transmog Set’.
Its basically made up from the Cindercloth tailoring gear along with a cpl of matching pieces – the helm took about 10 resets in Blackrock Depths before it dropped ! But it was worth the wait. I like to be different and not follow the norm of what most other ppl have transmogged !
So, 4.3 Dragon Soul Raid – Such fun ! My guild is @ 1/8 hc 25man currently. Enjoying it more than Firelands which in the end felt like too much of a grind.
Still loving Discipline Spec – but also loving Holy spec too ! and thats something id never thought would happen !
Anyway just a short n sweet update – more to come in the next few days.
ciao for now !
/shocked …. the dreaded logging onto MMO in anticipation of the updated PTR 4.1 patch notes tuned out well today.
The ‘buffs’ Disc has been given are not only obvious ones that should have been in place at the begining of Cataclysm, they also favour the Atonement Spec heavily. [not good news for those who hate the Atonement Spec…]
- Holy Fire damage has been increased to be approximately 30% higher than Smite. [expect a nerf when this goes live!]
- Atonement now works with Holy Fire in addition to Smite. [ /cheer]
- Glyph of Divine Accuracy now also affects Holy Fire in addition to Smite. [nice – 2 for 1 glyph]
And not only that ^^^ but this too:
- The current healing priest 4-piece raid set bonus no longer requires a target to be under the effects of Weakened Soul for the priest to receive the Spirit bonus. Instead the benefit will be granted each time the priest’s Penance spell heals a target. /cheer at last a viable 4set….now we just need to use penance on cooldown ALL the time and we’re good…
A baby step in the right direction for sure but still – I think Blizz need to focus on our AOE group healing abilitys [or lack of] a bit more.
Divine Aegis auto procs from ALL direct heals plz !! [thats our mastery sorted then]
Hmmm…I wonder…. This change to Holy Fire and Atonement – Would we only see an initial ‘Heal’ from the first hit from Holy Fire ? OR – would we see a residual HoT left on the Atonement target in the same way Holy Fire leaves a DoT ticking for 7 seconds ? …. lol, ok probably not but would be nice wouldnt it !? /logs onto the PTR @ Brill to check it out !
Ciao for now !
SO their may be light at the end of the infinate tunnel of nerf/buff/nerf/buff…..
The blues have come up with this:
Holy 4-piece set bonus:
This is feedback we’ve seen quite a bit, and it’s good. With the changes to Chakra in 4.0.6, we realize a lot of players feel that the Holy 4-piece set bonus is currently much stronger than its Discipline counterpart. We don’t disagree and it’s something we’ve been actively discussing changing in 4.1 (for example, we’re considering potentially removing the Weakened Soul requirement on Penance targets in order for the Spirit bonus to apply).
Lets hope this makes it to PTR soon !
So our QQ didnt go unheard…well not completely anyway… The latest Hotfix/s from da Blues.
- Body and Soul no longer reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Shield (the hotfix made on February 16 to provide this additional benefit has been reverted). Goodbye HolyBots !
- Rapture now returns 2/5/7% of maximum mana when Power Word: Shield is consumed, up from 2/4/6%. Ok….
Im still kinda hopeing they are working on implementing a better solution for 4.1 patch and a decent tier set bonus ! rather than a nerf this buff that approach. This small rapture buff will help alleviate some of the mana issues from the recent PW:S mana cost fix, but again its only a sticky plaster over what will still be an issue as ppl gain much better gear.
‘Weakened Soul to not affect more than 5 targets at any time’
Bam.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ a simple and effective change. Leave rapture as it was pre-nerf and we have ourselves a solution.
Why make things complicated ?
ciao for now 🙂