Woah, its been a looooong time since my last update ! Far too long.
Lets start with a Happy New Year to you all !
Lots of things happening in the world of WOW. I had huge fun today gathering my ‘Red Transmog Set’.
Its basically made up from the Cindercloth tailoring gear along with a cpl of matching pieces – the helm took about 10 resets in Blackrock Depths before it dropped ! But it was worth the wait. I like to be different and not follow the norm of what most other ppl have transmogged !
So, 4.3 Dragon Soul Raid – Such fun ! My guild is @ 1/8 hc 25man currently. Enjoying it more than Firelands which in the end felt like too much of a grind.
Still loving Discipline Spec – but also loving Holy spec too ! and thats something id never thought would happen !
Anyway just a short n sweet update – more to come in the next few days.
ciao for now !
Firelands is going very well for NoQ currently 1/7hc – still steadily holding Realm 1st [25m]. We hope to have Rhyolith H nailed this lockout with some nice shinys for some –not me tho, im so far down the EPGP PR list its not funny !
Been messing about with my UI again and i have FINALLY settled on this one –
As expected Shannox Heroic 25 was a walk in the park…almost ridiculously easy. The jump between Shannox H and Rhyolith is very much industrail sized with rhyolith being very RNG…just when u think ur not standing in bad – u are ! – Very movement intensive encounter – sure keeps the healers hearts pumping…. we are 6 healing Ryolith currently, our usual setup is Holydin, Disc Priest, Holy Priest and 3 [yes 3] Druids.
Atonement spec just wasnt working for me on this encounter. Granted it did the job of keeping the spark tank up but with almost 150k mana I can afford to drop a lot more shields on the raid to lessen the raid damage some what, therefore the non-smite spec was working much better. 2 points in Veiled shadows for the reduced Shadow Fiend is a must when shield spamming 🙂 I also picked up desperate prayer – ideal for the many times when standing in bad cant be helped and u need to finish that big heal cast on ur tank. [or for the times youre distracted momentarily whilst drinking a glass of wine]….
I do find myself shuffeling talent points around depending on the encounter. Atonement spec feels fairly redundant in this tier apart from on shannox and staghelm which is a shame because I like my gnome wings.
Everyone is raving about the super awesome Moonwell Chalice trinket from the Molton Front daily quests, I have this bound up in a macro along with Power Infusion – the combination is awesome if u treat the it like a raid cooldown. Pop this and spam your heart out with Prayer of Healing spam. All those shiny Divine Aegis bubbles will get huge !..particularly useful for Ragnaros if you use the ‘stacking in the midle’ for seeds tactic.
Anyway, have fun in Firelands, im back in there myself this evening trying to dodge volcanos and those pesky little adds /fade
ciao for now x
p.s We have many of our kill videos on the NoQuarter youtube channel – drop on over to take a look http://www.youtube.com/user/NoQuarterEU
Also – we are always on the lookout for skilled raiders – feel like a server change ? drop us a line here http://www.noquarter.eu/
Elevator Boss is indeed one of the hardest bosses that ppl just take for granted that they can faceroll when clearly they cant.
I guarantee there is at least 2 deaths per raid on the Ele Boss !
Numerous Guides to defeat this boss are available on various forums. Beware of Elevator Boss in Hard Mode – aka the Life Gripping Priests – one minute youre running in one direction stepping off the elevator – the next- bam! youre on your way back up to the top.
Hardmode at its finest.
There are various achievments assiciated with the boss – such as Nitro Boots + Cloak Parachute + Dodging the Life gripping Priest as well as hoping the Nitro Boots wont Leak and kill you on your way to Chimaerons room.
Oh the Joy – nice to see once again Blizz have a sence of humor.
ciao for now !
We slayed that 2 headed dragon thingy last night ! After a while of relentless practice and many coffees we finally downed him in almost flawless style.
The use of cooldowns such as Lay on Hands, and Guardian Spirit for the Tanks who are taking Double Strike is a must here ! or 1 shots will happen. Also the much needed raid healing cooldowns like Divine Hymn, Tranquility & PW:Barrier for during Feud are priceless. Having me healing as Discipline [what else?] enabled me to bubble bot in the last phase.
One major key to sucess here has to be communication, knowledge and understanding. If you dont have this – you are fighting blind. Your tanks need to be able to tell the healers when they need extra healing, if they accidently have a stack or two of break etc… it all helps.
Anyway heres the video – Frapsed by our very own Mage ‘Peedyweedy’ [im the pink dot on the left]
ciao for now !
Many buffs for Discipline are about to hit live servers ! patch 4.0.6 is going to bring some significant changes and needed buffs to Discipline. Ive said this before – but the ‘bad’ Disc priests will become good and the ‘good’ will become awesome. It will be very interesting to see just how the changes are going to effect us.
On face value we will be MUCH stronger tank healers and will still be able to give a good Holy priest/Holy Pally a run for his money on raid healing. Ive highlighted in this color the main ‘buffs’ that will make a difference to our everyday raiding.
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%. PW:S will now be a lifesaver [as per wrath] – see someone taking huge hits and about to die – throw a shield on them.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
- Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
- Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%. – A slight nerf to Holy Priests – hopefully it wont make much of a differene to Disc when you consider the DA changes with PoH/
- Talent Specializations
- Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
- Strength of Soul now occurs when the priest casts Inner Focus on oneself, rather than Power Word: Shield. In addition, Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
- Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
- Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
- Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
- Priest Bug Fixes
- Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- Blessed Resilience rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of increased healing.
- Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.
- Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Binding Heal effects are now consistent with their tooltips.
- Holy Concentration now has correct percentages listed in the tooltip.
- Holy Word: Serenity now correctly grants healing spells cast by the priest an extra 25% chance to critically hit.
- Inner Fire no longer consumes mana after learning Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Will now correctly reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Barrier.
- Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- Undead and blood elf priests are no longer gaining aggro from friendly guards when casting Mind Control on enemy NPCs.
- Unnecessary string errors should no longer occur when casting Power Word: Barrier.
- Prayer of Mending will now properly return an error when cast on a target with a more powerful Prayer of Mending active.
- Rapture’s tooltip now has the correct percentages listed.
- Shadow Orbs’ tooltip showed a 0% increase in damage and did not give an increase of damage until additional mastery rating was added. This has been corrected.
- Sin and Punishment will no longer fear players that are not flagged for PvP.
- Surge of Light is no longer consumed without benefit if it triggers while a Flash Heal is being cast.
- Glyph Fixes
- Critical heals from Glyph of Dispel Magic properly proc Divine Aegis.
All in all things are looking pretty sweet – lets enjoy it ppl !
Ciao for now 🙂
Since then ive been ‘casual farming’ here and there getting increasingly fustrated at the lack of the Dwarf staff of shinyness aka the Staff of Sorcerer Thane Thurissan Ive solved many Dwarf artefacts but still no staff /cry.
Anyway one thing I have found which has made all the digging somewhat tolerable and in your face simple is the ‘Minimal Archeaology‘ Addon.
No more faffing about with your spellbook to open up archeaology and tab thru the pages… This addon basically provides a simple window type box on your screen listing the races you have discovered along with your current project – keeps track of the fragments, scrolls, rune stones, tablets etc, and even has a little sound effect once a project can be ‘solved’ The little ** marks indicated the number of scroll, stones, tablets can be used to complete a project.
Mousing over provides a snapshot of the project you are working on – click on the lil spade icon at the top of the window – select the race you want to look at and you are shown a full display of completed/incomplete/in-progress projects. Makes the whole process that much faster and simple.
All I need now is 4.0.6 and the reduced cooldown on survey !!
Happy digging all
Ciao for now x
Wow what a week of farming I have been doing. Archaeology is a bit of a grind but the hard work is certainly paying off.
I now am the proud owner of Tyrande’s Favourite Doll after 4 days of farming Night Elf sites in Kalimdor and discovering the other NE Rare items – it dropped !
….after completing the trinket a Tol’Vir site in Uldum appeared on the map, I was only 3 fragments away from completing a Tol’vir common so I flew down there dodged and fade’d my way thru the mobs and gathered the remaining Fragments to complete the artifact….. /gasp…. omg look what Tol’vir artefact im in the process of solving now !! Ring of the Boy Emperor !! my first Tol’vir rare. Must be my lucky day or something.
Having tried out the trinket – the mana return is ‘ok’ on a 5 min encounter using it on cooldown youd get back 21k mana… but its worth its weight in gold for Disc spec for the 321 intellect alone….obviously you can still use mana potions etc so all in all its pretty good, at least until heroic raids.
The mini arcane explosion the trinket does obviously scales with Spellpower… I ran a heroic dungeon popped the trinket and did 15k damage to something … could be a CC breaker to so use wisely I must.
Its quite nice these items are Bind on Account… my poor resto druid who dinged 85 via herbing alone is in desperate need of some shinys lol
On a totally unrelated note – have u checked out the SoS animation ?
Since I made that Vid – SoS has changed yet again… will only proc after using Inner Focus NOT PW:S…. not a bad animation for SoS though.